Grow With Us
If you believe in the power of community banking to help families and local businesses thrive, Penn Community Bank may be the employer for you. Penn Community Bank values people as much as profits and strives to be the employer of choice in the markets we serve by creating a positive and inclusive workplace culture that puts our key values into action, every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and we work to retain exemplary team members by recognizing accomplishments and offering pathways for advancement. We give our team members the tools they need to succeed by providing them with training and opportunities to develop technical, sales, customer service, and managerial expertise.
Benefits of Growing With Us
- Competitive 401(k) plan and match up to 6 percent
- Competitive benefits including health, eye, dental and life insurance
- Higher education reimbursement
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Paid holiday and vacation time
- Competitive paid time off allowance with the ability to carry over
- Great work-life balance
- Numerous opportunities for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
How We Hire
Penn Community Bank strives to create an open, communicative, and inclusive work environment that recognizes the value of diversity of its Team Members and their differences. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is fundamental to our relationships to and among our Team Members. It is also reflected in our relationships with our customers, peers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Penn Community provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), physical or mental disability, religion, national origin, genetics, marital status, veteran’s status, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, or other characteristics protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including, without limitation, recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Explore job listings – Use our career page to discover our open positions
- Submit resume – Candidates resumes will be reviewed to screen for a variety of criteria
- Talk with our recruiter – A recruiter will reach out if they choose to proceed forward
- Interview with our hiring manager – If our hiring managers choose to proceed they will set up an interview
- Decision – We make an offer to the candidate we feel is the best fit for the role
Hiring Frequently Asked Questions
Openings at Penn Community bank are listed in our iCIMs portal. Select the green View Open Positions button. Here you can refine your search based on features such as category and location.
Utilize the blue “Interested? Send us your resume!” button to be able to send in your resume to recruiters.
A recruiter will reach out to let you know if they would like to schedule an initial interview.
Our part-time employees typically work between 20-25 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
Our branch locations are conveniently located throughout Bucks and Montgomery counties. For more specific locations, visit our locations page.
Yes, you can apply for multiple openings.
If you did not complete your application or wish to make edits, you can log into your existing profile on iCIMs and click the update your profile button. You may withdraw your application for a position at any time.