Effective May 15, 2022
At Penn Community Bank, we recognize the trust you have put in us, and we work hard every day to maintain that trust, and provide the convenient banking tools and personalized service you expect, while diligently protecting and safeguarding the information you’ve entrusted to us.
As part of that commitment, we collect and use data in a variety of ways, including to complete everyday transactions and provide products and services to benefit you. This policy summarizes how we collect, share, use and protect information about you when you visit or use this online service and any other online services provided by Penn Community Bank that link to or reference this policy.
- Our online services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
- Usage of our mobile banking app, social media sites, pages or other materials may have additional terms about the privacy or use of your information for mobile banking app services and functionality. Please review the notices and service agreements provided for the specific online or digital application you are using.
- Wireless and Internet service providers, device manufacturers and/or social media and other digital platforms (“Sites”) may have their own privacy notices and service requirements that are different from this one and may apply to information gathered from your usage of the Sites. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and usage terms, as the collection, uses and sharing of information by those third parties may be different from Penn Community Bank.
Information We Collect
When you visit or use our online and digital services, we may collect personally identifiable information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, a zip code to help you find the nearest branch or ATM), user name and password to facilitate and enhance your use of the service and user experience. We may also collect payment card and other personal or account information when you provide it for completion of online transactions and services.
Usage and Other Information
In addition to the personal information described above, we may collect certain information about your device location and usage of our online services, to facilitate your usage of the online or digital banking application or service. For example, we or our third-party service partners may capture the IP address of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and the pages and features of our online service you access.
For your convenience, Penn Community Bank offers you the ability to access your accounts and our products and services through mobile applications, sites and services (“Penn Community Bank Mobile App” or App). When you interact with us through Penn Community Bank Mobile App, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about your app and device usage, to facilitate your use of Mobile Banking services and App interactions. The App may collect location data even when the App is closed or not in active use, to enable ATM and branch locator functionality and push notification features. Location access and feature functionality may also be impacted by your device settings. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location information) through Penn Community Mobile App.
Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as, but not limited to:
- Verifying your identity, location and right to access the online account profile and service (such as when you log-in from a mobile device);
- Processing online and mobile banking transactions and providing digital convenience tools and services;
- Enhancing the security of your account and our online services;
- Interacting with you through digital and other channels and responding to your requests;
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
Some non-customer identifiable data (such as zip code locations of devices accessing site) may be collected or aggregated with other user data, without identifying individual customers, for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell any of your information to our affiliates or non-affiliate third parties.
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third party partners in accordance with state and federal regulations for the purpose of conducting bank and account business and to facilitate and enhance your online services experience.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
We take protecting your information, account security, and privacy seriously. We utilize physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us outside of Online and Mobile Banking and website secure forms, for instance, when it is sent to us in an email. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your Social Security number) to us.
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review, or update certain account and contact information within your Online or Mobile Banking user profile. Or if you prefer to request changes in person, please contact our Customer Care Center at 215- 788-1234.
Changes to this Online Privacy Practices