The sun is out and there’s more happening in the community and on your calendar, which means one thing: Lots of spending.
Don’t worry, it’s not too late to turn your summer of spending into a summer of savings. Keep reading for more summer savings tips that may not have crossed your mind before:
- Have a yard sale: Great weather and some extra time? Sounds like the perfect opportunity to clean out the house and make some extra cash from doing so. Host a yard sale to clear out the clutter and put the money you earn right towards the vacation fund!
- Ride your bike: Gas prices are up and so is summer travel – a not-so-great combo. If you’re within biking distance of errands like the post office and the grocery store, attach a basket to your bike and make it your go-to form of transportation. Not only is riding a bike is a great workout, its eco-friendly and costs nothing!
- Host a potluck: Rather than going out and spending money on food and drinks, have family and friends over for a potluck on the patio. Groceries, like everything else, are on the rise. Don’t be afraid to assign guests specific items to bring or make it BYOB. This is a fun alternative to save on food and entertainment costs!
- Book hotels with breakfast included: Family vacation is a big expense, and a large portion of that expense is food. Even a grab-and-go pastry and juice that can hold you over until lunch is worth checking out. By staying at a hotel that provides breakfast for its guests, you’ll be able to allocate a bit more money towards your excursions.
- Find free fun: Yes, you read that right! Right in your area there likely several free family fun activities during the summer months. Check out your town’s events calendar and search online for local free concerts, free museum days, and much more.
Remember, the best way to save money is to create a budget so you can keep track of where your hard-earned money is being spent. For more ways to save, visit penncommunitybank.com.